Abstract Submission Information
|Abstract Submission System Open:
||00:00 Monday, 31 May (GMT+8)
|Deadline for Abstract Submission:
| 31 J uly 2021 (GMT+8)
Extended to 31 August 2021 (GMT+8)
Extended to 30 September 2021 (GMT+8)
Extended to 10 October 2021 (GMT+8)
|Notification of Acceptance:
||The Date will be announced SOON
The 32nd World Congress of International Association of Surgeons Gastroenterologists and Oncologists (IASGO 2021), a hybrid physical and online international congress, is going to be held on Nov. 20 to 22, 2021, in Taipei, Taiwan. Participants are most welcomed to submit their original abstracts related to Surgeons Gastroenterologists and Oncologists related fields of investigation to the Congress.
- All abstracts must be submitted and be received on or before
July 31, 2021 September 30, 2021 October 10, 2021 through On-line Abstract Submission System.
- Abstracts must be original and have not been published or presented at any congress prior to the 32nd World Congress of International Association of Surgeons Gastroenterologists and Oncologists (IASGO 2021). The accepted abstracts will be published in the Abstract Book.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Program Committee of the 32nd World Congress of International Association of Surgeons Gastroenterologists and Oncologists (IASGO 2021) and reviewing results will be announced by emailing a notice of acceptance / rejection to presenting authors only
by August 15, 2021 (will be announced soon) . Instruction for oral / e-poster presentation will be sent to presenting authors of the accepted abstracts. Thus, presenting authors must register before Deadline for Early Bird Registration, September 30, 2021, October 10, 2021 to ensure the rights for the presentation.
- The Scientific Program Committee of the 32nd World Congress of International Association of Surgeons Gastroenterologists and Oncologists (IASGO 2021) reserves the right to accept or refuse an abstract, to designate abstracts either oral or e-poster presentation and to choose a suitable session for the abstract. The authors’ preference of the type of the presentation and theme will be taken into account.
- The number of abstracts for each account is unlimited, however, each presenting author is required to register.
- Accepted abstracts will be presented in either thematic Oral Free Paper or e-Poster presented between 20–22 November 2021.
- For ORAL FREE PAPER PRESENTERS, 7 min. slide video need to be prepared & 3 min. discussion is required.
- As for e-POSTER PRESENTER 1 poster should be in VERTICAL FORMAT on a 16:9 screen JPG file and 5 min. mini-oral slide video are required for presentation.
- Best Oral Free Paper Award & Best e-Poster Award are available for all abstract submitters; applicants are required to provide a mini-oral video (5 min.) for the Best e-Poster Award. Each winner is entitled to US$200.
- Authors of abstracts accepted for presentation MUST be registered delegates and be responsible for all expenses incurred in the production of their presentations, travel and accommodation during the Congress.
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correctly edited and accurate abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author. Abstracts will be rejected if they contain no data or if the English is unacceptable. All Presenting Authors will receive, closer to the Congress, detailed presentation guidelines when their abstract/s has/have been accepted.
- Acknowledgement of the receipt of abstract submission will be sent to the Presenting Author’s email address immediately upon submission. The Presenting Author will receive all correspondence regarding the abstract status, presentation type, date and time, via the email that is provided in the abstract submission.
- All presentations must be in English.
||AI in surgical oncology
||Minimally Invasive Surgery
||Bariatric & metabolic surgery
||Molecular diagnosis & Pathology
||Neuroendocrine tumor (NET)
||Biliary surgery and oncology
||Nurse and comedical
||Nutrition and metabolism
||Colorectal surgery and oncology
||Endoscopy for GI and HPB
||Pancreatic surgery and oncology
||Sarcoma & GIST
||Esophageal surgery and oncology
||Gastric cancer, upper GI surgery and oncology
||Image and interventional therapy
||Thyroid, parathyroid and endocrine surgery
||Liver surgery, oncology and hepatology
||Women in SGO
||Medical education & academic development
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- The abstract must be written and presented in English.
- All the works intended to present at the congress should be submitted as abstracts.
- No encore abstracts are accepted.
- Abstracts must contain original data and meet international ethical standards.
- The abstract title and the author(s) or names of institutions are not to be included in the abstract text.
- Standard abbreviations may be employed in the text. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full wording at the first time the full wording appears in the body of the text.
- Non-proprietary (generic) names of drugs, written in lower case, are required at the first mention of a drug.
- Trade names are not allowed.
Instructions for Preparing Abstracts
Please read the following instructions carefully before preparing your abstract.
To ensure that the Abstract Submission System will work properly, the pop-up blocker of your internet browser needs to be turned off and cookies should be enabled. Abstract authors should not split data to create several abstracts from one data set. If splitting is deemed to have occurred, scores of related abstracts may be reduced or abstracts simply rejected.
- The Title of the Abstract:
- The number of words and characters for Abstract Title are Unlimited.
- Identifying information such as author or institution names should not be included in the title.
- Each word should begin with a Capital Letter with the exception of transition words.
- NO full stop (or period) at the end and NO
○ Treatment of Food Allergy in Taiwan
× TREATMENT OF FOOD ALLERGY in JAPAN.
- The Body of the Abstract:
- A maximum of 350 words is allowed.
- Images and tables may NOT be included in the abstract.
- An acceptable Structure of an abstract must consist of the following components.
- Background and Purpose: A statement of the hypothesis or research question. (preferably one sentence).
- Material and Methods: An explanation of the study design and experimental methods used
- Results: A concise summary of the major findings of the experiment or study. Sufficient data must be provided to permit evaluation by the reviewers and public reading the abstracts. Statements such as "the data will be discussed" are not acceptable.
- Conclusion(s): Summary of the overall findings and the importance of the study.
- Keyword(s): A tool to help indexers and search engines find relevant papers. (Maximum of 5 keywords)
- Authors are strongly advised to ensure the accuracy of the submitted abstracts. Any mistakes in literature or in scientific facts will be published as what is typed.
- Abstracts should not contain proprietary or confidential information.
- It is the responsibility of all signing authors and investigators that all studies are performed with respect to national legislation, international legislation and ethical guidelines both with regards to humans and animals.
- Submitting an abstract also certifies that at the time of submission, the scientific material found within the abstract has not been presented at any other meeting and will not be published in other than abstract form prior to the 32nd World Congress of International Association of Surgeons Gastroenterologists and Oncologists (IASGO 2021).
- Failure to adhere to these rules will result in the automatic rejection of the abstract.
On-line Abstract Submission
- Complete the abstract submission form at On-line Abstract Submission System. You will be given detailed instructions on how to proceed.
- Each abstract can only be submitted once. The same abstract cannot be submitted for consideration in different abstract categories.
- The indication of the preferable presentation type (Oral Free Paper / e-Poster) is required.
- An acknowledgement of the receipt of the abstract will be sent automatically to the presenting author by e-mail upon the online submission.
- For those who has difficulty in accessing the on-line abstract submission system, please contact the 32nd World Congress of International Association of Surgeons Gastroenterologists and Oncologists (IASGO 2021) Abstract Submission & Registration Office at email@example.com.